So I finished Mr Seahorse. Thank you so much to those of you who offered advice and suggestions; it really helped kick start my creative juices. I turned it upside down, considered adding white, orange and green, and had a little chat with my muse (or Spirit if you prefer) about it.Then I did a glaze of Turquois Phthalo (a deep translucent turquoise) over the entire background and finally I know it’s finished. The background and subject were too similar in colour and tone, but now the seahorse stands out better and my left brain is happy that his surroundings are appropriately sea-coloured.

For some reason I can’t seem to edit the photo to look how it actually looks in real life, but this is as close as I can get!